Monday, January 9, 2012

Wake-up Call

Is it possible to be your authentic self in every situation, always and forever?  If we wear different hats with different people, are we our authentic self? Can you wear one hat only?

So which hat will it be?  I've developed so many over all these years.  If I am now to choose only one and wear it all the time in order to be my authentic self, I wonder which one it will be?

Finally begging the question, is authentic self all it's cracked up to be anyway?  

I believe wholeheartedly that it is.  Of course operating out of a place of love, and not out of a place of fear, will always be the best option for you and all those around you.  And when operating from a place of love--experiencing love, giving and accepting love, modeling love, spreading love, being love--we are 100% our authentic selves.   However, my head is spinning.

The opening questions are swirling around in my mind from a phone conversation this morning.  Or rather, these are the questions that began to swirl around my mind after muttering under my breath as I set down the phone, "Well, he's certainly an arrogant bleep."

I know, not very loving.  I'm a work in progress.

In the conversation, I was challenged by inquiries like...What is your true intention?  How do you describe your authentic self?... and statements like...As long as you wear different hats with different people you are not being authentic, you are operating out of fear...and finally...you wouldn't want to be fat again would you?

His words could perhaps have been another vehicle for self-exploration and developing self-awareness.  However, by the end of the conversation he was trying to convince me that everything possible could be solved by registering for his four-day class for $1,800--which of course he was offering to me for $900 in this one time offer, IF I registered to be there (in another state) for the four-day class, starting this Thursday!

All I had done to bring this on was call to inquire about observing, at a future date, his business model I'd heard so many good things about.

Welcome to my world at 8:30 this morning.

Shifting to a great morning,  I headed to the gym.

Workouts:

2 hours total -- An energized session with my trainer
                         and Climbing the Stairs

And yes, I reached my goal for today of climbing 500 steps.  In fact, 501!
Thirty more, if you count the ones I had to walk up afterward to go back and get my coat.

My wake-up call from all of this? 

1)  My authentic self can choose whatever hat it darn well wants to wear, whenever I want to wear it.
 
2)  Right now I'm not afraid to climb 80 flights of stairs in three weeks, so that's the hat I'm going with!

Love,
Cheryl

Today's meals and snacks.


No comments:

Post a Comment