Saturday, January 21, 2012

Positive Beliefs and Your Food

 I learned the following from a friend I highly respect:

 If you eat food you truly believe will be good for your body, then it will be.  Your body will take what it can from the food to work best for you-- easily, efficiently and successfully. 

If you eat food you believe is not good for you, then it won't be.  Your body will not be able to easily, efficiently or successfully use the food in a beneficial way.                                         --Linda Williamson


This reminds me of my firstborn, Matthew, as a toddler.  The only food he would eat was oatmeal or a pork product--bacon, sausage, hot dogs!  I relayed this to his pediatrician, incredibly worried that I was a terrible mom because I couldn't get him to eat anything else.  Dr. Weissbluth simply responded:

"There's nothing wrong with that.  Just relax.  Matthew knows what he needs, and when his body needs something else, he will eat something else." 


Matthew's little subconscious mind was one hundred percent in touch with what he thought was good for him!  The doctor was confident that Matthew's body would take what it needed from the oatmeal and sausage diet, using it easily, efficiently and successfully to benefit him.

Lately people have asked me, "What kind of diet are you on?  How do you know what to eat?" 

My answer?  I've learned a bit here and there, from experience, diet plans, wise trainers, friends in passing, reading, role models, family...you name it, I've picked it up.  Now I move forward each day with the culmination of all of it swirling up from my subconscious, forming what I believe will be good for me. 

I believe it.

It is.



Saturday   January 21st

Meals
Breakfast:  Salad with fruit, onion, and 1/2 can Tuna
Lunch:  Leftover Pasta with Tomato sauce, ground turkey and vegetables
Dinner:  Eating out.
Today I tried to eat what my trainer eats
for breakfast every single morning--
a can of tuna.
I couldn't do it. 
However,
 it was fine
mixed into a salad.
Workout
Resting today.









No comments:

Post a Comment