Friday, January 20, 2012

14 Things To Do After Climbing 1,000 Steps

1.  Yell out, "Yes!  I did it!"

2.  Check in--Legs, feet, anything sore, hurting?  No.  Breathing
     back to normal?  Getting there.

3.  Look at the clock. 

4.  Stretch.

5.  Nod affirmatively in the elevator back down, when fellow riders
     turn to me inquiring, "Are you alright?"

6.  Re-think the two boiled eggs I ate for the protein this morning.  I
     barely tolerate them at breakfast.  I really don't want my mind
     remembering them with this slightly nauseous feeling I'm
     having!

7.  Tell next person I see, "I just climbed 1,000 steps."

8.  Wish I hadn't left my boots upstairs at the gym--thirty more
     steps to retrieve them.

9.  Wonder what 600 more steps will be like in addition to 1,000  in
     the 1,600 step event a week from Sunday.

10.  Understand this is a solitary quest. 

11.  Fill my pockets with Kleenex.  Jesse says when people ask him
       what he does to train, he replies, "I eat dust for breakfast."
       Stairwells are not the most often mopped-down areas in tall
       buildings.  Panting and gasping for air climbing steps in a
       dusty stairwell...hmmm, yes I ate dust for lunch.

12.  Plan the meal I will tear into when I get home.  Slight nausea
       over, suddenly I'm very hungry.

13.  Walk  s..l..o..w..l..y  from my garage to my door.  Runner's
       (climber's) high having worn off, not too much spring in my
       step at the moment.

14.  Smile because there is a huge spring in my spirit!  Ye-ah!!


Friday January 20th

Meals
Breakfast:  2 medium boiled eggs, Ezekiel sprouted toast (no butter), fruit
Lunch:  Whole grain pasta, tomato sauce with red peppers, onions, garlic and beans.
Dinner:  Leftover Indian dinner--chicken/rice, I add tomatoes and wrap in lettuce, 1/2 Naan
Snacks:  Coffee/milk, two 1 in. by 2 in. apple treats (light sprinkle of sugar)


Workouts:
1 hour personal training session,
1,000 steps 

(Hence the little apple treats I baked tonight.  I know, it's ALL WRONG to reward oneself with sweet treats, but I blame it on the snow storm outside all day--really makes me want to bake!  Also, used the tiniest bit of sugar--tried to let the natural sweetness of apples speak for itself.)

2 comments:

  1. Good job, doing 1000 steps today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sarah and Ian! It felt really good to know I can do it. Thanks for reading along!

    ReplyDelete