Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012 First New Day

While workouts and diets are nothing new, 2012 begins a unique chapter.

How is it unique?  Not another broken-record repetition? Another goal planned, worked toward, and achieved, which thereafter turns into a rapid downhill race to resume old habits?

My solution is to book repeated athletic events throughout the whole year!  Why not become an athlete at age 60?  I love discovery. While most athletes start at an early age, I'll discover what it's like to start at a later one.

I started working out in 2007 for the first time in my life. Since that time--right up to the last three months of 2011 after I climbed a mountain in October-- I've learned I cannot afford down-times or lags between fitness and diet goals.  Those times turn into fertile ground for my subconscious to resume the survival techniques it has practiced for so many years--a survival plan which includes sedentary activities, comfort foods and lots of chocolate!

First event, January 29th, climbing eighty flights of stairs at Chicago's downtown Aon building, requires my undivided attention for the next twenty-four days.  My plan is to complete as many two-a-day workouts as possible and follow a healthy food regimen, accompanied by many, many glasses of water.

I'm also looking for inspiration-- from others of all ages who have set priorities in order to compete in athletic events.  Finally, every day will include quiet time in meditation visualizing, focusing, and feeling the emotions of successfully participating in each event, accomplishing my goals.

Enough introduction! 

My self-designed accountability includes posting a photograph of each meal (and anything else in between, but hopefully that will not occur very often) as well as documenting workouts.

Thursday  January 5th

Five small meals spaced throughout the day.

8:30  1/2 c. each Total, skim milk, strawberries & blueberries

12:00 Small chicken noodle soup (80 calories)

3:30  Sauteed spinach/garlic/onion , 1/4 c. tuna salad
      
6:30  2/3 c. Chili--
         ground chicken, chili beans, black beans, onion, celery, red pepper, mushrooms & garlic

8:30  3 small natural crackers--thin coating plum spread and nibble of goat cheese on each

Workouts:  One hour Pilates private session - a.m.
                  45 minute Cardio workout - p.m.
           

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Carisse for the encouragement, as always! And thanks for reading along. I think you and Palani will find tomorrow's interesting
    :)

    ReplyDelete