Thursday, January 19, 2012

Test Climb Tomorrow

Ate fairly heartily today preparing for tomorrow when my goal is to climb 1,000 steps.  Last February my first stair-climbing experience was in the John Hancock building where I completed the Half-Climb.  Those stairs numbered in the 800's.  Tomorrow, on my own, the plan is to top that by a couple hundred.

I have no idea what this will feel like.  I can guess--quite uncomfortable!  The truth is, I tire and my breathing is labored by the fourth or fifth floor.  But I keep going...and going...and going.

Last year I didn't actually stop and rest at all, but rather, kept a slow enough steady pace all the way, to complete the 52 floors.  I don't see that happening this time.  I believe I will have to stop, regroup and catch my breath several times before reaching the 80th floor on January 29th.

Tomorrow falls short of a true test run--it's not 1,600 steps.  Nonetheless, it will tell me what I need to know.  I need to know what it's like to push myself, over and over, past what I think I'm capable of doing.  How far I can take it, I don't know tonight.  I will know by tomorrow afternoon.

This plan of posting a photograph of everything I eat has held me accountable, energized my quest and bottom line, been a success.  I'm buoyed by the fact that I've lost nine pounds in the last fourteen days--that's nine pounds less to carry up those stairs.  Imagine carrying two five-pound bags of potatoes up 1,000 steps, then imagine doing it without them.  I'm thrilled to be doing it without them!

The pictures will keep coming for awhile longer.  I have three more pounds to drop before the race on the 29th.

Time to stretch
and go to bed
early!

Lunch

Snacks, Breakfast and Dinner
Thursday  January 19, 2012

Breakfast:  1-Egg Omelette with onions, beans, salsa and spinach/fruit
Lunch:  Leftovers from Indian dinner--Chicken, rice, tomato in lettuce wraps
Dinner:  Whole Grain Pasta, Tomato sauce with red peppers, beans, onions, garlic
Snacks:  Almonds, Muscle Milk

Workout:
1 hour Pilates solo session

No comments:

Post a Comment