Thursday, January 26, 2012

Water -- It's What's Good For You

Overall this has been an incredibly wet day. 

This morning at the gym, a passing older gentleman somehow shook his water bottle in a manner that made the lid disappear.  I have no idea what he had in the bottle, but the red juice flew into the air, landing on top of me--hair, glasses, face, arms, legs, all drenched in a red drink which smelled like liquid vitamins!  Needless to say it ended any thoughts of completing a workout. 

Then at the gas station as I removed the nozzle from my tank, I inadvertently applied pressure on the handle at the wrong time causing gas to pour out onto the tank lid, my car and the street below!

Thank goodness my last wet encounter was a foot soak at the "Nail Bar!" 

I've been drinking many glasses of water each day for the last month.

This week my trainer advised, "Starting Thursday you need to be drinking even more water, much more. Drink it all day long. Just keep drinking it, all the way till the climb on Sunday."

I filled my water bottle endlessly today. Running errands, getting a haircut, shopping, pedicure...every time I returned to the car, another bottle of water. At home I reached for the ever-present refills continually.

I'm unsure exactly how this will give me an advantage on Sunday that I would not have had otherwise. I don't need to know. I'm taking the advice of someone who does.  It's reassuring.    

I feel strong.




Meals
Breakfast:  Scrambled eggs, beans, red peppers, onions, kale
Snack:        Muscle Milk Lite
Lunch:       Taco with fat-free/gluten free/sugar free tortilla, ground turkey, salsa, beans and
                   fat-free plain Greek yogurt
Snack:        "Tastes" at Sam's Club!  No picture!
Supper:      Two slices chicken breast, kale salad, Polish pickles, and Fruit








No comments:

Post a Comment