Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Intention

Waiting for Sunday to arrive.  In the last days before January 29th's tower race, I continue to visualize successfully climbing to the 80th floor.  I feel the accomplishment already, but I must live in this moment at the same time.  Restless.

Simple workouts, nothing complex or new.  Nothing to tire my legs before Sunday, but continued light cardio workouts a must.  I can do that!

Highlights today:

-- bright, sunny, and almost warm
-- leftover Salmon en Papilotte for dinner
-- knowing a repairman will be here at 8 a.m. tomorrow to address
    nagging plumbing issues
-- the scale!  Total loss since Jan. 5th, 10 pounds
-- the way I always feel like I can stand up straighter, as if I'm
    suddenly taller, after Pilates class
-- discovering one more person who actually reads my blog
-- Pilates instructor's parting words

At the end of  Pilates today, we realized the next time I'll be there, the stair climb will be over.  As I put on my shoes by the door, Jackie says from across the studio, " I like the way you have prepared for this event...you've been diligent...and reflective...all making this a very full experience."

She described my intention.

It's very affirming 
when someone else sees you
the way you see yourself...

The satisfaction of carrying out your intention?

Priceless.





Meals
Breakfast:  1/4 c. tuna salad, 1/4 c. egg salad, tangerine
Snack:        Pomegranate Juice and Almonds
Lunch:        1/4 c. brown rice, red peppers, bok choy, 3 small chicken breast slices, sprinkle of
                   Teriyaki sauce
Snack:        Tuna Salad
Dinner:       Salmon and a bit of carrot and potato


Workouts
1 hr. Pilates Solo session
30 minutes Cardio

2 comments:

  1. What yummy dishes you share here. Thanks for strolling Paris with me! :)
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. My plan to photograph everything I eat for two months was conceived to hold me accountable as I'm working toward my goal. It's working, and I've enjoyed attempting to make the photos appealing at the same time.

    Scrolling down your blog I noticed a photograph taken in Forest Park...probably a shop I've browsed in! Small world.

    Paris awaits me...

    ReplyDelete