Monday, February 20, 2012

Sunday's Workout, Best Yet

Church is over, time for the gym.

After spinning, a bit of walking, and running, I head over to the hospital stairwell.

Practicing my pace for the John Hancock building next Sunday, I'm on the seventh floor before I know it --  no stopping on the way and I feel great. 

On January 7th, I blogged about climbing 350 steps.  I remember vividly, I absolutely had to stop, not once, but twice, before reaching the seventh floor where I take the elevator down in order to climb back up again.  Also, at the seventh floor, back in January, I had to rest a few minutes to get my breathing under control before heading out of the landing to catch the elevator down.

Not today.   At the top, I feel fine... speed through the door, out of the stairwell, catch the elevator down (a quick trip because almost no people there today), and right back up the stairs again.  Second time up, no stopping either.  At the top feel great, back to the elevator, down again, and...

Third time up ...NO stopping, feeling great...  I sound like a broken record, right? What a great broken record it is!  Each time, I make it all the way to the top and still feel great.

What a contrast to five weeks ago...

Comprehending the strides I've made ...

Continuing to improve...

Feeling light!



Meals
Granola, fruit
2-egg omelette, onions, tomatoes, steamed carrots and asparagus, apple
Dinner..."Chef's Vegetarian Speciality" from Viceroy of India

Dinnner
                                                                               
Breakfast, Lunch, Snack





No comments:

Post a Comment