Monday, February 6, 2012

Inspiration

The Empire State Building Run-Up is Wednesday, February 8th, at 8:00 p.m.  I'm beginning to learn the names of the contenders as I listen to Jesse's stories, read blogs and watch Youtube videos of the elite climbers. 

I didn't know who was playing in the Superbowl until the game on Sunday, but I can tell you a German, Thomas Dold, won the Empire State Building Run-Up for the last six years in a row. Definitely also in the running this year are Justin Stewart and Eric Leninger who placed first and second nine days ago at the Aon building.  I know too, Tim Van Orden from Vermont (of "Running Raw") is determined to win this year, and has been winning everything he's entered this January. 

My trainer will participate in this competitive field.  He's won the Willis Tower (formerly Sear's Tower in Chicago), and many other towers all over the country, but never the Empire State Building.  Entrants from all over the world participate in this one.  In addition to the regular runners, there may be some surprises too.  I follow this with rapt attention, looking forward to the outcome.

The stories fuel my desire to continue my fitness journey. Looking for the proper analogy, perhaps I am like a junior high student just starting to play basketball for the first time, who gets entirely wrapped up in all the stories of top professional players.  Hopefully I won't decide I need to hang posters of these stair racers in one of our rooms!

However, even if I did, a poster would be difficult to find. 

Another reason I'm attracted to this sport...

there's nothing mainstream about it.

~~~~~~~



Meals
Breakfast:  Cereal/Fruit/Skim Milk
Lunch:       Ministrone Soup with Kale, mini Crackers & Hummus
Supper:      Lemon Herbed Chicken Breast, whole wheat Pasta, shaved Parmasen
Snacks:      "Ice Cream"--made with only frozen fruit, Sushi

Workouts
1 Hr. Personal Training
Group Core Class

No comments:

Post a Comment