Saturday, February 11, 2012

Stairclimbing Playlist

Oak Brook Terrace "Fight For Air Climb" tomorrow morning.
It seems to me, one could climb up faster with good tunes.

Unfortunately, the rules forbid any electronic devices in the stairwells for the tower races!  If I-Pods were allowed, or perchance if I decide to sneak mine along, here's my playlist.

They're all favorites. 
Most of them are classic.
I chose each for the message and music
to drive me up the steps.


You Can't Always Get What You Want -- Rolling Stones 
Starts slow but builds nicely.  Getting what you need is a good thing.

Fly Away -- Edgar Winter 
Long time favorite. Have been getting wrapped up singing along with this one since 1973!

Black Magic Woman --  Santana   
Love Santana.  Rhythms, guitar...pushing through.

Black or White --  Michael Jackson 
"It don't matter if you're black or white."  Catchy, rhythmic.

Dream On --Aerosmith
It dreams and shouts and builds.

Seeing Things --The Black Crowes
Always glad to see something for the first time. Revs up.  Always discovering.

Fix You -- Coldplay
Love the momentum when this builds.  Imagine fixing myself, getting healthy!

Eyes on the Prize -- Hans Zimmer, from Green Card soundtrack.
Keep your eyes on the prize.
Don't be afraid.  Don't be afraid. 
Deep in your heart, you must believe,
Everything is going to be alright.
Everything is going to be alright.
Everything is going to be alright,
some day.
We shall overcome...

I Get High With a Little Help From My Friends -- Joe Cocker
Love to sing along, message is obvious.  Thank you friends for all your support.

Somebody to Love -- Queen 
Heartfelt, driving.

One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces -- Ben Folds
Not quite sure what it's about, but it surely does move!

I Would Die 4 You -- Prince  
Strong beat, gutsy.

I'll Rise -- Ben Harper
Classic struggles, but always on top.  Very Motivating.

Stairway to Heaven -- Led Zeppelin 
A friend suggested this one.  I think it's perfect.

All You Need is Love -- The Beatles
Says it all.



Even if I don't take my I-Pod in the stairwell for the race, I listened to them all day today and I'll have them in my ear right up until starting time.

If you have any suggestions to add to my playlist, please send them along in the "comment" section below.  If it doesn't work for you for some reason, then leave them on Facebook or send an email. 

Thank you very much.



No comments:

Post a Comment