Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Daydreams

Quebec City                                                                                August 2010

When you visit a new place, do you ever get the idea you would like to live there, though most likely, it's not a possibility?  I see myself there, I feel it, long for it, dream of it...then return to Chicago!




A few places it's happened...

Quebec City, Canada -- the crepes! The hills, the old
city, restaurants, history.. walking inside a painting and eating, an art.

Door County, WI -- my fantasy of being part of an artists' community where I would be a "local" in the winter when there are no tourists and we all meet regularly at the local taverns for sustenance--physical and otherwise.

Greenwich Village -- well, it's Greenwich Village.  There was a time I fancied myself a hippie and the poet inside my skin breathed the "beat generation" though I missed it by several years.

Mission Beach, San Diego -- the sun! Surfers, miles and miles of ocean, year-round great weather, the bay in the morning and the ocean at sunset, old hippies' drum circles at the end of the beach.

Venice, Italy -- the gritty, ancient mystery, flowing with poetry, paintings, and wine, old hotels, comings and goings like the pigeons descending and taking flight in the square, easels and gems, deep dark secrets in small passageways and underneath the currents.

Seattle, WA -- the waterfront market, today's artists, islands, lavender farms!

Santa Monica, CA -- the ocean, the music, the drive and then Malibu caves on the beach...Duke's mango barbeque burger atop the waves.

Almafi Coast in southern Italy -- the mountain villages carved into rock, resting on the ocean's blue almost purple-ish blending with the sky's same hue, and the villagers speaking--like singing-- early morning greetings and conversations with smiles only those who live on the edge of the world's most breath-taking beauty can sing at daybreak...I mean... speak.  I want to be one of them.

Whew! 

Good thing I have a dream I can do something about.  Felt good again working out today, though a little tired. 

Definitely looking forward to the climb on Sunday. 

It's my mountain village for a day.

I will be one of them.






Monday February 20, 2012

Meals
Cereal, fruit
Grilled chicken pasta salad with vegetables and mango
Tomato basil soup, whole grain crackers, asparagus and more grilled chicken pasta salad
Snacks:  Divided huge Dark chocolate bar into serving pieces...to hopefully have one a day.

Workouts
1 hr personal training-- running, walking, TRX
Group core class

No comments:

Post a Comment