Monday, February 13, 2012

As of  this morning, I've assigned a "border patrol station" at my lips. 
Yes, each food or drink item attempting to get past the border 
must first halt for questioning and possible searches.
Some will, no doubt, be turned away. 

Where are you from? 
Is this a natural food, not processed? A fresh fruit, vegetable, lean protein or water?

What is the purpose of your trip? 
How will this enhance my body's performance?

Where will you be staying, and how long? 
How will it benefit my body?  Will it stay on my hips forever?  Will it be easily and successfully digested?  Will it contribute to the working of my immune system, or break it down?  Will it contribute to building the strength I need, or cause early fatigue, lethargy, and depression?

Do you have any contraband?  Are there hidden ingredients?  Sugar, butter or mayonnaise trying to sneak in?  Unhealthy chemicals?

How much currency are you carrying on you? 
What are the nutritional facts?  Calories, fat, fiber, protein, carbohydrates, and sodium amounts?

Do you realize you must register with authorities each day? 
A picture will be taken and posted for accountability.

No bribes!
No, "I'll make up for it tomorrow," or "If I only have one, it's ok," or "It's important to share food socially," or any other possible rationalizations.

 ~~~~~

Though strict, in order for a body to perform, it must have the proper fuel.  I like the imagery of my border patrol station set up right at the lips! 

The next three weeks are so seriously purposeful, that I happily look forward to my plan.  I don't feel restricted or denied.  Rather, I feel privileged to have learned what I must do, and ecstatic about my opportunity two weeks from now to climb 94 floors at the Hancock, and then the next week, 108 at the Stratosphere.


In response to a friend's suggestion
not to forget to smell the roses along the way,
here's a picture of my current rose garden:


Dedicated to the moment. 

Appreciating each breath.


Grateful for support 
from family
                                              and friends.  


Loving life.


Content to go to bed early for my health.


Ready to move forward

each morning...


the moment

  I awaken. 


What could be better?



Workouts
1 hr. 15 min. running and  spinning with personal trainer.
1 hr. "Group Active" class -- 20 minutes of step, 20 minutes weights, balance, flexibility, core

Meals
1 egg omelette with onion, kale, and red peppers.
Fresh vegetable minestrone soup with kale and red peppers.
Salmon with fingerling potatoes, carrots, asparagus and herbs.
Muscle Milk -- protein drink.

















No comments:

Post a Comment