Wednesday, September 26, 2012

“I would not give a fig for the simplicity on this side of complexity, but I would give my life for the simplicity on the other side of complexity.”

                                                               ~~Oliver Wendell Holmes


Smiling, my small group athletic trainer Peter, declared,
"You're taking a complex approach to your training!"

"Yes I am," I answered.  "My complex approach is that I am fine!"

We laughed over our exchange as Jesse and I prepared to go to work this morning.

On Saturday I had gone all-out through Peter's circuits, in spite of several stations including twisting moves.  On Monday morning he asked how I was feeling and I mentioned a little bit of spasm activity going on mid-back, but thought it was getting better.  Then I proceeded to spin class, followed by an hour of step class, after which I felt great!

As soon as I saw Peter this morning, I made sure to let him know there will be no need for modifications in class on Saturday.  His comment about my "complex approach" to my training may have referred to my different workouts he'd observed, but I chose to make light of the comment, to keep it simple.

After working through everything this month, on the other side of my complexity...

I'm working.
I'm fine.

~~~~~~~~~


--Broke through a self-imposed limit running with Jesse this morning. Yes!
--Looking forward to 4:15 step/power/balance & flexibility workout
  this afternoon.




Still thoroughly enjoying the Blueberry Chia Seed Jam (recipe in previous blog entry.)





No comments:

Post a Comment