Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Listening To An Inner Voice, Part 2


1)  Why am I doing this?
2)  What trips me up?
3)  Is it even possible to do better?
4)  Am I capable of doing more, faster?
5)  What makes me stop?
6)  What's next?
7)  Do I give up this crazy dream?


Recently my inner voice has been racing from thought to thought so furiously fast I can't keep up!  Time to jump onto the moving train and answer Part 2's question, "What trips me up?"

My opposite of  tripped up :
Everything flowing smoothly, 
keeping a good balance, 
moving forward 
without hesitation or interruption.

Examples from the kitchen...

Preparation
--I reach for a baggie to store some dripping leftover, and there are plenty at my fingertips. I need a colander to strain cooked apples once a year and find it instantly in the back of a cupboard. Or, the avocado peeled is every bit of prime ripened creaminess I hoped it would be.
--Each necessary ingredient comes together for a new recipe.

Pace
--The blender purrs along till my smoothie is perfect, no frozen fruit or too-powdery blade jams.
--Menu items for a meal, finish to completion and are ready to serve at the exact same time.

Examples from writing...

Desire  
--I want to do this.
Ease 
--I simply start, continue, adjust, organize, and finish satisfied.
Inner good feeling 
--I'm in the exact right spot, in line with my voice, time, space, and subconscious, allowing discovery.
Learning  
At the conclusion, I know something I did not know when I began.


On The Stairs:

Preparation  

--Proper training and nutrition, clothing, shoes, and I-pod if allowed. Rested and hydrated.
Pace  
--Not starting out too fast, knowing my times at each quarter of the race.
--Having a floor near the end of the race where I plan to push harder.
Desire
--Totally pumped!  Excited, ready to experience what I prepared for, along with all the climbers around me also looking forward to the climb. Indeed, desire mixed with adrenaline...I want to do this!
Ease
--I have a plan, I begin, move forward, making adjustments when necessary, and finish on top of the world...high as can be!
Inner good feeling
--In a place I've never been before, doing something in my past I never dreamed I'd do, giving my subconscious a repetitive job it loves, supported, pushing boundaries, breaking free.
Learning
--Always a unique climb, much to learn about what I'm capable of or not, and what I can work to achieve on the next one.  I know new levels of gratitude and what it means to be alive.

"What trips me up?"
The opposite of all the above!


Question #5 will explore these more deeply. 
For now, Question #2,  here's the list...

...the unbalancing, hesitation causing, 
stagnant non-flowing things that can trip me up:



Not sticking to the training plan. 

Eating sugar. 
Not getting enough rest or drinking enough water.
Starting out too fast. 
Losing track of my time. 
Thinking I don't have the energy left to make a push at the end.
Doubts. 
Fears. 
Not adhering to my plan. 
Forgetting to appreciate my unique opportunity.
Closing in and closing down, instead of opening to all the possibility.



A more realistic end-of-race photo!





No comments:

Post a Comment