Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A "First" and Accountability

The Willis Tower climb is November 4th. I returned from a very enjoyable vacation in Vegas yesterday. In terms of calories and healthy food choices however, I ate moderately well, not very well!  Luckily we walked a lot and I kept my early morning appointments with myself at the gym and spa.

Now I must employ my best method of accountability. For me that's photographing everything I eat--the good, the bad and the ugly.  For some reason this works. 

Breakfast:  Two poached eggs, strawberries and Ezekiel sprouted grain toast.
 Did use butter today.
 
Sesame thins and Hummus morning Snack.

Lunch:  Turkey wrap, thins and an apple.

The "ugly"...still munching on a goodie brought back from Vegas
for afternoon snack.


Supper:  Making a batch of stuffed peppers with
ground turkey, onions, garlic, peppers, beans, tomatoes, brown rice and
seasonings--salt, pepper, chili powder, ground chipotle and Italian herbs.
Proud of my 99-cent purchase--a package of day-old peppers! 

The plan is to improve each day.
 
P.S.  Last week before I left for Las Vegas, in my training session with Jesse I ran half a mile without stopping!!  This is a big FIRST for me.  We joyfully toasted the moment with our bottles of water, then resumed running.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment