Thursday, March 1, 2012

Sunrise and Workout

When I stay near the top of Ceasars Palace's Augustus Tower, I like to leave the wall of curtains open wide when I retire for the night.  Waking to the sun rising in the distance over the mountains, is the perfect beginning to my daily routine.

This morning after watching the sky blend hues of black, blue, and grey with streaks and layers of pink, orange and finally yellow light of day, I reach for my cell phone to check my email--a rapid shift from the sublime to the technological.  All about connection though.

Opening a message from Linda, I read:

Dara Torres won her 12th gold medal in the 2008 Olympics at the age of 41 and continues to train for her 6th Olympics.  When asked about her age she said, “The water doesn’t know what age you are!” 

And neither do the stairs, Cheryl!  Keep it up!

The light to my day.

Proceeding to my workout, I designed it in real time to the time I expect to be on the steps of the Stratosphere, breaking down the sets of minutes into levels of exertion I plan for the climb at those same intervals.  I finished at exactly the time I want to finish on Saturday.

My subconscious is memorizing this. 

Running and stairclimbing are jobs of the subconscious mind.  It loves the job, like it loves to keep a heart beating or a lung expanding and contracting.  I'm giving it this new job!  My work is getting my conscious mind out of the way.

Later today I'll do it again.

Then rest.

Curtains open.


No comments:

Post a Comment