Friday, March 16, 2012

Dinner at 9 A.M.

Today's Bounty

I considered posting daily menu plans.   What looks good on paper and in books, intersects with real life however and requires continual adjustments to the plan!

Attempting to eat every three hours and having my big meal of the day at 9 a.m. involves strategic planning.  Sparing readers the details, suffice it to say I'm working on it.

Tried a new smoothie today.  Was looking forward to tasting it, but honestly, I didn't hold out much hope for anything called:

Blueberry and Broccoli Smoothie

Recipe
1 cup frozen Blueberries
1/2 cup steamed Broccoli
1 cup 100% cranberry juice (I used Pomegranate/Blueberry,"Pom")
1/2 cup non-fat plain Greek yogurt

SURPRISE!

It's delicious...can't taste the broccoli,
fruity, not too sweet, just right. 
So healthy and hearty too.
It's a meal!

Eating solely for fuel to build a strong body is the antithesis of every reason I ever ate before.

This may take awhile.





Re: Blueberry Broccoli Smoothie
      It's a large portion, so if you sip it over time, it does begin to
      separate.  Simply take a spoon and stir to bring it back to
      original consistency.  Seriously very good.  Harold tasted it
      and agreed to have it for dinner sometime with me!







No comments:

Post a Comment