Friday, October 12, 2012

Exploring Food As Medicine Tonight

Getting ready to watch  Forks Over Knives  this evening.

"Forks Over Knives" examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods.

Working with the photos as I prepare to post today's meals and snacks, I contemplate how firmly eating meat is entrenched in my diet.  I continue to investigate the possibility of making this profound change, but every time I'm close to giving up animal-based foods, I find myself backing away, returning to the familiar.

This will be interesting.





 
Breakfast:  Chia Pudding (Chia seeds and unsweetened Almond Milk) with Fresh Fruit
 
 
 
Snacks: Fruit/Nut/Oats bar, Kind Bar, and Salmon Quiche bites (leftover from yesterday's lunch.)
 
 
 
Lunch: Last of the Stuffed Peppers
Supper:  Beats, Beans, Sweet Potato, Onions and a skinless Chicken thigh.
 

1 comment: