Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Wednesday Woe

Woe is a bit strong.  My distress is not grievous, I have no deep misery.  However, some minor discouragement exists.

1)  The more I work out, the hungrier I am--seriously, sometimes ravenous.  It's one thing to watch calories when one is not hungry, or only mildly hungry, and another after expending so much energy.

2)  Picked up the results from recent blood work.  That pesky cholesterol!  I've been trying to get it down with diet and exercise, not wanting to take the prescribed Vytoren.  I even fell for an expensive "De-Tox" program.  The seller recommended two sessions of three months each on the supplements (of course.)  I completed the first three months two weeks ago and thought I'd at least see some improvement in my cholesterol and HDL count.  But no.  Now do I ante up the dollars to take the second three-month program and hope it works?  Or, given the results so far, realize this isn't working?

Really, is the only solution eating all those vegetables on the list that I don't like?  And taking more prescription medicine--chemicals?

I rarely eat red meat or fried foods. Cheese?  Yes, some, but I do not over do it.  We always buy whole grain products.  Do I have to adopt a severe diet?  It appears that I do.

Given my glucose and cholesterol counts, I have to become a person who does not eat sugar.  I tried it successfully prior to Harold M.'s wedding earlier this year.  It can be done.


Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Gym, hour workout, the usual.

1 comment: